Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Unlike Vinnie Vinh...I'm back...

You know when you go to the grocery, you buy fruits and vegetables, fat-free veggie dip and some low-calorie fruit juice and you swear you're going on a diet...but you go home, finish the box of Cheez-its, down a hefeweizen and drink hershey's syrup out of the bottle? You don't? Ummm...well blogging has been a lot like that for me.

I PREPARE to blog...I WANT to blog...and yet I still just end up playing on Full Tilt, drinking said hefeweizen and checking out Fleshbot or Sexy Girlfriend.

But carrot-stick in my mouth and a glass full of low-cal prune juice in front of me, I'm back.

I would love to say that it was a big win in the Main Event giveaway on FT or landing a big contract for my fledgling new freelance PR business that drove me back to the blogosphere. Sadly, it was this link: www.urbandrinks.com. Yes, I am a 29-year-old, married, father of two who hasn't purposely hit a happy hour in well over 18 months ("Welcome to Applebees...it's Happy Hour"), and yet I saw his on a blog and I thought...AWESOME. That's how I roll. They only have this little gem for Portland and Columbus right now...but they're promising more cities. Be the first to beg for yours.

Sadly in all the time I've been away, I don't have a lot to share.

I played in the MATH on Monday night...made a decent run, but only thanks to the following hands:

and ...


I actually asked in the chat if I could just forfeit. I was embarrassed to continue. BUT...I played it out. And finished in the BBT points, but nowhere near the money. Yeah, me. I am hovering around the top-50 in points and around the magical number of events played to qualify for the free-roll which sounds like it will be about 60 players going for $1,500-$2,000...not a bad gig.

The only other thing I have to say...after returning from a family trip to Orlando...all I have to say is...Florida is f-ing hot and Mickey "I'll charge you $120 for something you can get for $30 in Pataskala" Mouse can lick my balls. Okay, that might be a little harsh. It costs $32.10 in Pataskala.

No comments: