Saturday, April 7, 2007

Breaking Every Cardinal Rule...

I am a public relations professional and as one of the few in my firm under the age of 55, I try to serve as the resident technological expert in the firm (and yes, sadly this includes "IT"). As such, I am the one called in to explain any blog recommendations we might have. I tell my clients that there are two rules to blogs that simply cannot be broken:

1. You must post frequently...every day if possible.

2. You must be interesting and actually blog about something people want to read.
My friends, so far I have admittedly broken BOTH of these rules with this blog. I beg the patience of anyone bored anough to actually read this.

Since I am currently watching the two munchkins and trying to weasel time to watch the Wood and the Masters later today, I'll quickly jot down a few thoughts from the last five days:

-- It's simple. Florida made their shots. Ohio State didn't. The Buckeyes did not get "outplayed" ... they didn't make their shots. This is not up for debate.

-- I've played in my first two blogger tournaments. I have a long way to go.

-- Shockingly enough, I earned points in the Riverchasers event. Yes, Hilary Swank...THAT is a miracle.

-- Austin, TX makes me feel really old and really ugly.

-- While in Austin on business, I was there at the same time a poker bill was being heard before the legislature. I bring this up because I will routinely beg both of you reading this blog to join the PPA.

-- I haven't cashed in a MTT in a LONG time. In reviewing my game, I think I am being too aggressive early in tournaments, playing too many pots and not being smart enough to lay hands down. Yeah. I have a long way to go.

-- In the Wood today, I like Summer Doldrums. I think Nobiz will race well and may win, but is chalky. Pletcher is just using the Wood as an opportunity to get earnings for Any Given Saturday. He will not be disappointed by a second or third place finish.

-- The Santa Anita Derby is just as weak as everyone thinks, but is too afraid to admit.

2 comments:

Schaubs said...

welcome to the family. I'm relatively new as well, and its been a great ride thus far.

The Poker Enthusiast said...

Welcome to the blogger world.