Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Epiphany...Maybe more...

There are seminal events in everyone's life that forever alter their path in life. The first time you see a naked woman...do you stare at her breasts, mumble to yourself and deposit the memory in your "Spank Bank" to use at various points in a dark room full of excess tissues? Or...do you look at her hair and comment on the product used to add body? This event will forever set your path. When you watch your first Yankees game...do you vomit out of respect and awe or do you vomit out of hatred and disgust? You're gay or you're not. You're a Yankee fan or you're not. And you're a typical poker/horse racing blogger or you're not.

I'm not.

I was reading some of the blogs on the right side of my page last night while playing in a token frenzy on FT (where I acquired my first $75 token in my virgin career). And it hit me. I don't want to learn how to use Poker X Factor. I don't want to post results of my poor cash game results or my 45th place finish in a $5 PLO tourney on FT that pays top 43. And I'm not entirely sure anyone wants to read it.

My high school english teacher, Mrs. McDonald, was so senile that we used to talk during tests and trade papers to fill out pre-determined sections. Her class didn't teach me much. Except organization and planning. But one thing she did repeat over and over again is to write what you know and you care about.

And then it hit me...I don't care about hand analysis of my $1 SnGs, but I do care about poker politics. I care about the PPA, the UIGEA, state poker politics and the future of online and live poker. And I will use this space to call on everyone to both join and become active in the PPA.

I also care about the psychology of poker. Not in a Dr. Phil way. He's a douchebag. But, I am not embarrassed to admit that I am going through a period of change in my life and a period of great self-evaluation. And I find that it's not only helping my life, but my poker game. And in the future, I will utilize this space to share my thoughts and my journey in hopes that I will not only care about what I'm writing, but that someone will want to read it.

See everyone in the Mookie tonight.

1 comment:

jjok said...

Adding to the roll.....looking forward to the posts!